What is Industry Project?
Industry Project is an elective course offered to undergraduate students primarily in the Bachelor of Management, Bachelor of Management (Logistics & Supply Chain Management) and Bachelor of Management (Human Resource Management) however students undertaking other business degrees may be eligible to study this course. The course is equivalent to 2 x 4.5 unit electives and students should ensure that they have adequate courses available in their degree program to be able to undertake this course.
Students have three different methods of locating a suitable project/placement:
- Students may complete a project in their current workplace provided it is not something they have done before and provides the student with an opportunity to learn and build on their university studies.
- Students may complete a project within a company that they locate.
- The course coordinator may have access to a suitable project however it should be noted that these projects cannot be guaranteed.
It is recommended that students locate their own placements. From SP2, 2015 students will be required to find their own placement organisation. If you are unable to locate a suitable placement you should consider enrolling in BUSS 3079 (Transition to Employment A).
- A Host Information Kit is available for all business who are interested in hosting an Industry Project student.
- Examples of past projects can be seen in the Project Examples section below.
- Current Host Organisations may download the student evaluation form below and return to the course coordinator at the conclusion of the placement.
- Additional student information is available in the Student Information Kit which can be downloaded below.
- Students who have enrolled in the course should advise the Course Coordinator of their proposed placement organisation no later than 5 weeks prior to the study period in which you are enrolled.
Files to download
- Download Student Information Kit - Thursday, 08 November 2012 [671.6KB]
- Download Host Information Kit 2013 - Thursday, 08 November 2012 [600.5KB]
- Download Host Organisation Evaluation Form - Thursday, 08 November 2012 [38.4KB]